No products in the cart.
This policy is between:
www.hellobril.co.za owned and operated by Bril (“Bril”, “we”, “us” and “our”).
Any person(s) who that accesses and uses this website:
(“you”, “your” or “user”)
- This website can be accessed at www.hellobril.co.za (the “Website”) and is owned and operated by Bril.
- These Website Terms and Conditions govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods, and the use of the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person/(s) that accesses or uses the website, including “Registered Users”.
- By using the Website and checking out on the Website, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions stipulated below.
- The Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of glasses, including optical and sunglasses, as well as accessories.
Returns and Refunds:
- Please refer to our Returns and Refund Policy, as well as the Warranty Policy for more information.
Sales and Availability of Stock:
- Users may place orders for Goods, which Bril or the Third-Party Seller may accept or reject. Whether or not Bril or the Third-Party Seller accepts or rejects an order depends on (1) the availability of Goods, (2) correctness of the information relating to the Goods (including and without limitation to the price), and (3) the receipt of payment or payment authorization by Bril for the Goods.
- Placing Goods in a wishlist or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute the ordering of the Goods. Items can be taken out of the shopping cart if they are no longer in stock. It is also possible that the prices for these items changed. Bril can, therefore, not be held responsible if these items are unavailable or if their price has changed when you try to complete the purchase later on.
- You acknowledge that the stock of all Goods on offer is limited, and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of Goods for sale by Bril, Bril will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the Website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When Goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Bril will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.
- We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- Payment can be made for Goods via:
- Debit card;
- Credit cards – where payment is made by credit card, we may require additional information in order to authorize and/or verify the validity of payment. In such cases we are entitled to withhold delivery until such time (until the information is received by us and authorization is obtained). If we do not receive authorization, your order for the goods will be cancelled. You warrant that you are fully authorized to use the credit card supplied for the purposes of paying for the goods. You also warrant that your credit card has sufficient available funds to cover all the costs incurred for the goods ordered;
- Direct bank deposits or electronic fund transfers: if you pay via direct bank deposits or electronic fund transfers, payment must be made within 5 (five) days of placing your order. A proof of payment must be sent to email@example.com. Bril will not process your order if payment has not been received.
- PayJustNow, and
- We shall make all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, retail price and delivery charges of goods on the website.
- Kindly note should there be any errors which are not due to our gross negligence, we shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any of these errors or omissions – to the extent of refunding you for any amount already paid, or otherwise as set out in the Returns Policy.
Gift vouchers and Coupons:
- Bril may from time to time make physical or electronic gift vouchers and promotional coupons or discounts available for use on the Website towards the purchase of Bril Goods. Gift Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid, and their expiry dates cannot be extended. More specifically:
- Gift Vouchers:
- Gift vouchers that are purchased on the website are valid for three (3) years after the sale has been made.
- Gift vouchers that Bril gives away for free are valid for the period stated thereon.
- In each case, if your voucher has not been used within that period, it will be deemed as expired.
- Gift vouchers cannot be used to buy other gift vouchers or coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased. If your Voucher value is insufficient for the order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
- Bril is not responsible for the loss, unauthorized use, or unauthorized distribution of the voucher.
- There are two (2) types of coupons; (1) a coupon with a fixed amount, e.g., R100 off, and (2) a coupon with a percentage discount, e.g., 10% off.
- Coupons are issued in Bril’s sole discretion, and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel, or reject a coupon for any reason – including without limitation where a coupon has been distributed in an unauthorized manner. Users do not have the right to coupons, and coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
- As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific coupon itself:
- Each coupon can only be used once;
- Only one coupon can be used per order;
- Only one coupon can be used on the website per person, per promotion/campaign;
- A coupon must be used at check-out; and
- The value of the coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining, if any, will be payable by you.
- Coupons cannot be used to buy gift vouchers or other coupons and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit. Bril is not responsible for the loss, unauthorized use, or distribution of a coupon.
- If for any reason a coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if the coupon is still valid. If Bril confirms that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
- You may be required to submit the original communication containing the Coupon code, and any other information reasonably requested by Bril, before you are able to use a Coupon.
We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it.
- Shoulld you decide to buy and/or register as a user on the website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to:
- Your name and surname,
- Your email address,
- Your physical address,
- Your mobile number,
- Your gender.
- The personal information needs to be accurate and current, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person, entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- We will not, without you consent, use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- In relation to the ordering, sale, and delivery of goods,
- To contact you regarding current or new goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us),
- To improve our product selection and your experience on our website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the website, or
- To use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclose is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property, and
- In the event of a fraudulent online payment, Bril is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential, and is only entitled to share it as set out in this policy,
- Take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, alteration, disclosure, or access,
- Provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details,
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorized use, disclosure or processing of your personal information,
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request, and
- Upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- Bril undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than the ones in partnership with Bril. ‘
- Whilst we will do everything reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions:
- Bril may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, please notify us on email@example.com.
- If you use the website after such amended Terms and Conditions, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.
Ownership and copyright:
- The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trademarks, designs, and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this website are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. The Website Content is the property of Bril, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to Bril.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the website content is prohibited unless expressly authorized in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any website content contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where any of the website content has been licensed to Bril or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which the licensor or third party imposes from time to time, and you agree to comply with such third-party terms and conditions.
- The use of the website is entirely at your own risk, and you assume full responsibility for any risk or loss resulting from the use of the website or reliance on any information on the website.
- Whilst Bril takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, Bril makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability, or functionality of the website or as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the website. If any such representations or warranties are made by Bril’s representatives, Bril shall not be bound thereby.
- Bril disclaims liability for any damage, loss, or expenses, whether direct, indirect, or consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the website and/or any content therein unless otherwise provided by law.
- In addition to the disclaimers contained elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, Bril also makes no warranty or representation, whether express or implied, that the information or files available on the Website are free of viruses, spyware, malware, Trojans, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, destroy, compromise, disrupt, disable, harm, jeopardize or otherwise impede in any manner the operation, stability, security functionality or content of your computer system, computer network, hardware or software in any way. You accept all risk associated with the existence of such viruses, destructive materials or any other data or code which is able to corrupt, compromise, jeopardize, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation or content of a computer system, computer network, any handset or mobile device, or your hardware or software, where such risks arise due to the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Bril, its employees, agents or authorized representatives. Bril thus disclaims all liability for any damage, loss or liability of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in connection with your access to or use of the Website.
Limitation of liability:
- Bril cannot be held liable for any inaccurate information published on the Website and/or any incorrect prices displayed on the Website, where such liability arises from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Bril, its employees, agents, or authorized representatives. You are encouraged to contact us to report any possible malfunctions or errors by way of email to email@example.com.